My Retro Gaming Stream Station
This is my new setup for playing console games (or PC games) while streaming it to Twitch.TV. This new setup is MUCH better than my old setup.
Here is a video showing the setup in detail along with a quick tour of my crib:
My new setup will allow me to have 60fps RGB quality video for me and my stream with high compression, resolution, and bitrate!
Here are some images of the setup:
Here is all the components in detail:
- Gaming Monitor - BenQ ZOWIE 27 Inch HD Console Gaming Monitor
- Twitch Chat Monitor - Dell UltraSharp U2715H 27-Inch
- 3rd Monitor for all other stuff (like OBS etc..) - Dell Professional P2417H 23.8"
- The TV Set - Sony KDL-55W900A 55-Inch - NOTE: This TV is not really used for my setup anymore, but I can mirror the game on it If I want to.
- Monitor Mounts - LX Desk Mount LCD Arm and AmazonBasics Single Monitor Mounting Arm (I have noticed that both of these products are the exact same in quality, so get AmazonBasics to save $).
- NES System - Analogue NT Mini - Please note that this is only temporary. I currently have an NES TopLoader being modified with the NESRGB mod, once I get that I will not use the NT Mini for attempts. Also there is currently no way to use save states with the NT Mini, even with the PowerPak, so I will be using an emulator for practice until I get my modified TopLoader.
- SNES System - 1CHIP-01 SNES. I use Super Famicom controllers. I also have a Nakitek Game Saver for save state practice on actual console.
- Sega Genesis - Sega Genesis Model 1 "High Definition Graphics" Console.
- Xbox 360
Please note that I also have a Wii, but it is currently only hooked up to the TV set and not my stream station (I rarely use it). I also have a PS2, and that may get hooked up in the future, especially if I want to play SOTN.
Flash Carts I Have:
- SNES - SD2SNES
- NES - PowerPak
- Genesis - Mega Everdrive
- 2 Way Powered Speakers - Audioengine A2+ Black (Pr.) 2-way Powered Speaker System - I really like these, they are the best stereo speakers I can find for my setup!
- Oculus Rift VR Headset - I may stream VR stuff on occasion for fun!
Stuff "Behind The Scenes":
- Upscaler - Currently using the Framemeister (XRGB-mini). I also preordered the OSSC Upscaler, which is supposed to be even better than the Framemeister. I also ordered 2 OSSC Upscalers and plan to give one of them away on my stream as a give away!
- Scart Switcher - Hama SCART Switch Box AV-100S - I use this to easily switch between consoles without unplugging scart cables to my upscaler.
- HDMI Splitter - Tripp Lite 4-Port 4K HDMI Splitter, 1 In 4 Out - This allows me to send the HDMI out of my upscaler to my PC, TV, and Gaming Monitor at the same time.
- HDMI cables - I mostly use Mediabridge HDMI cables for better overall quality.
|CPU:||Intel Core i7-5960X (@ 4.4GHz)||This CPU will allow me to do basically anything I want. I can stream with high bitrate, compression, and resolutions with no problems. I can even play modern PC games from this while streaming it with high quality at the exact same time!|
|CPU Cooler:||Noctua NH-D15||I ended up getting an air cooler instead of water cooling. From my research this heatsink/fan is just as effective at cooling as a top of the line AIO water cooler. And this air cooler works better with the case I got than using a water cooler. Plus i'll never need to worry about leaks and water evaporating overtime. This is also quieter than a typical water cooler.|
|Capture Card||Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro||This is working good with the Framemeister so far! I also have access to this capture card as well.|
|Graphics Card:||MSI Geforce GTX 970||This MSI card has great airflow and cooling compared to other brands. This card is becoming outdated now and will be updated eventually.|
|Mainboard:||Asus Sabertooth X99||Great mobo with good heatsink over the entire board.|
|RAM:||Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (4GB x4)||Corsair makes great RAM and 16GB is plenty right now.|
|Sound:||SoundBlaster Z||From experience I have definitely noticed that Sound cards do make a difference over onboard sound. The SoundBlaster Z card I have has many options and sounds great with my 5.1 surround sound setup.|
|Case:||NZXT H440 Mid Tower Case (Black/Red)||This is one bad ass case. Made for silent operation and great air flow at the same time. Lots of features and room in the case. There is no 5.25 drive bays, so no cd/dvd-rom slots, but that's no big deal, I just got a separate external cd/dvd drive in case I ever need it. Check out some images of my NZXT H440 Case at my computer desk.|
NOTE: You can watch me install this whole PC from scratch here if you like.
So yeah, go to my Twitch.tv page to learn more about what speed runs I am currently working on, and watch me LIVE when ever you feel like it :) You can follow my Twitch channel to be notified when ever I go live.
My Other Articles:
WARNING: A Dual PC Game/Stream Setup is not always the best solution - Most of the articles out there will tell you that a dual PC setup is ideal for gaming and streaming from, im here to warn you about dual PC setups.
My PC Battle Station is Prepared for War - It's time to get back into PC gaming. Check out my PC gaming & Twitch stream setup.
Check out my Twitch.TV Setup for Playing Console Games - I finally got around to setting up my LIVE streaming for Twitch.tv. So feel free to watch me plow through the classic Casltevania games (for now), along with casual playthroughs for various other classic games.
Check out my Blacklight Garage! - A cool idea you can do with your garage is turn it into a blacklight party room. Check out my blacklight garage to get ideas for your own..
My Most Recommended Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Switches - Out of the 4 different types of Cherry MX key switches, which is the best for gamers and typists? I think we have an overall winner here!
My Speedruns / Games: